Monday, April 11, 2011

Living Simply


I went to a Gungor concert last night. Before the concert, there was a video promoting a cause that builds schools in Africa. It was cool and everything but one line stuck out to me in particular. It said, "Live simply so that others may simply live." I thought that was phrased really well. If only I'd thought of that lol. But it's true. If we just gave a little of what we had to the people around the world...it'd make a big difference.
During one of the main events at Passion conference, Louie Giglio asked us all to give just one dollar to a cause that sends Bibles to people who haven't ever read one before in other countries. We each gave one dollar (or some people gave a few more) but we ended up raising over $22,000 for the cause! That's a huge number. And that's just giving a dollar. If we actually cut back on frills and things and "lived simply" instead of just giving a dollar...wow. That could change the world. I'm not good at that yet. I like eating out. I like coffee shops. I like new clothes. I like going to Gungor concerts. However, I think it's important that I start living in moderation so that my money can be used for more important and lasting things.
"Live simply so that others can simply live."
Here's some Gungor to enjoy:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WybvhRu9KU

No comments:

Post a Comment